You don’t need more time. You need more energy, focus, and structure so you can maximize your productivity as an intuitive and magnetic leader.
The quantity and quality of your energy and what’s available are infinite. It’s the essential resource that enables you to be of ultimate service to yourself and others.
Self-care is essential to energy, which is probably why it’s the number one differentiator of a high-level leader. Right now we are leaders in our homes, and of ourselves. And, we need to prioritize self-care, because no one else can do it for us.
Track how you’re doing with different energy types throughout the day. They are:
- Physical Energy
- Emotional Temperature
- Spiritual Feeling
- Relationship to Self and Others
Tracking can be as easy as writing down your thoughts on Post-It Notes. Then, at the end of the day, ask yourself “How did I do?” And plan for a stronger future by filling out, “Tomorrow I will _____________.” Learn more about intention setting here.
Also, give yourself grace when you feel triggered and drained. The good news is, you can move out of that state quickly with an Energy Growth and Recovery plan.
10 Practices for a Renewed Energy Growth & Recovery Plan
- Create if/then statements for your low energy moments. For example, “If I feel anxious, then I’ll practice square breathing.” Or, “If I feel sad, then I’ll hug my kids.” When you have a go-to plan, you won’t spiral out of control.
- Schedule time to refuel and check-out. During mental breaks, don’t go on social media or look at the news. Play with your kids, do something physical, sip tea in reflection….these moments of presence optimize your brain and build more capacity for energy.
- Plan a manageable day that supports your long-term goals. 1) Set your intention for the day. 2) List your Top 4 project goals. 3) Plan your top 4 work to-dos. (which could be steps to your larger goals) 4) Write down your top 4 personal errands.
- Move your body to keep your mind, body, and spirit connection strong.
- Prioritize a good night’s sleep. At the 7th hour of sleep, your brain goes through a “carwash,” releasing toxins from the previous day. If you don’t get at least 7 hours of sleep, you’re taking the stress and toxins from one day into the next.
- Laugh daily. Laughter decreases the stress hormone cortisol, increases feel-good endorphins, and boosts the number of antibody-producing cells. It also enhances the effectiveness of your T-cells, leading to a stronger immune system.
- Cry when you need to. Crying also releases oxytocin and endorphins, similar to a good laugh.
- Nourish your brain and body with healthy food.
- Drink water. Your brain cells needs 10x the amount of water that your whole body needs! It flushes out toxins. It’s essential for energy. Drink up!
- Focus on what you want to see. If you focus on stress, you’re going to feel it. Focus on what you want to achieve, so you are anchored in the positive.
If this plan feels a bit daunting, I get it. There’s no one who has as much stress or takes on as much responsibility as a high-performing woman.
You deserve high-level support that fuels your energy and helps you take care of all the people who are depending on you. Support that ensures you will navigate the New Normal with finesse and joy.
READY TO SPARK CHANGE IN YOUR LIFE AND LEADERSHIP?
Being a magnetic and intuitive leader has its challenges, but here’s the truth: your potential is bigger than what you currently believe. This is your one-time invitation to transform your mindset of what’s possible for you. Book your introductory coaching session with Lisa today.